Volunteers play an integral role in creating a climate where members of the school community feel supported, respected and engaged. Many of our team members and students build caring and empowering relationships with volunteers through the classroom, at family events, and at kit builds.
- Mentor and tutor children in grades K-8 in the after school program
- Be a role model for middle school students on Saturday mornings
- Assemble kits for volunteers, students, and teachers in the office
- Organize or distribute essential goods at our school-based food pantry
- Show appreciation for educators by sponsoring a lunch or baking treats
- Beautify school grounds and facilities, or help organize the NCCP office
- Get involved with family events
NCCP serves as a matchmaker, finding external resources to help meet the needs of the schools that we serve, and connecting organizations to opportunities to make a difference. Each year, over 45 organizations host programming, volunteer events, resource collections, and more. The community school model works because of dedicated support from a variety of nonprofit, educational, corporate, and faith-based organizations. We are grateful for our partners’ time, talent, and treasure, and for their collaboration as we move the needle on educational equity together.
- Provide or collect essential goods or services
- Fund innovative offerings for the community
- Initiate a cultural, college, or corporate field trip
- Assemble volunteer kits (when available)
- Recruit individuals onto the volunteer team
- Bring forth new ideas that we execute together!
A sample of some of our partners:
NCCP is actively hiring multiple full-time, in-person team members. To apply for a job or internship, email your resume and a brief statement of interest to email@example.com. You can find details on our openings below:
The story of North Chicago Community Partners (NCCP) would not be complete without the individuals, foundations, and corporations that contribute valuable financial and in-kind resources to support our mission. We are grateful for generous investors and donors that make the work of NCCP possible. Join their ranks, or deepen your commitment today.
The Family Care Closet is currently in need of the following items: oil, sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, spaghetti noodles, spaghetti sauce, bath tissue, paper towels, baby wipes, peanut butter, grape/strawberry jelly, sweet cereals, oatmeal, body wash , lotion, feminine hygiene products, and breakfast bars.