Our Collective Impact
In partnering with NCCP for the past 10 years, my appreciation and support for what they do goes far beyond words. Booker T. Washington once said, "If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else." This must be in the NCCP mantra as this is what they are all about and what they intend to do on a daily basis. They aren't looking for any fancy award or and recognition. What they are looking for is to invest in our kids and staff and make each day an amazing opportunity for both.
Principal, A.J. Katzenmaier Academy
Our collective and coordinated efforts over the last 10 years are making a substantial impact. Here are some major accomplishments that have changed the lives of our North Chicago students.
- Free, all-day early childhood education now offered for 275+ students
- Free, after school and Saturday programming is available for 500+ students
- All school facilities are being transformed
- A school-based health center was created in 2017
- Community partnerships are growing in number and strength
- Average daily attendance rates at all schools increased
- On average, days lost of instruction due to suspension are decreasing
- Student academic progress is on the rise
- Student disenrollment due to lack of mandated health services decreased
- Family services and support and parent engagement have increased significantly
- Consistent operating deficits have been reversed